University of Lleida
The university webpage.
The university webpage is available to the general public; it provides all the information about the university, its faculties and activities at http://www.udl.cat.
The university of Lleida's Intranet is formed by different spaces which can only be accesed by ussers who have been assignet a username in the Udl's network, that is, any person who belongs to any Unit, Faculty, Certen or organisation of the University of Lleida.
All members of the University of Lleida (students, teachers and staff) have an e-mail account available at http://correu.udl.cat.
Virtual Campus (SAKAI platform)
The virtual campus is a teaching support tool which makes part-time class attendance and e-learning possible. It is also a support tool that allows students and teachers to have at their disposal all the information needed for any subject (teaching plans, diaries, announcements, on-line activities and forums, among others).
The NESTOR's programme objective is to support to students through personal, academic and professional orientation. The objective of this is to give students the opportunity to make the right choices during their Degrees, as future professionals and citizens.
The University of Lleida has a Library and Documentation Service (SBD) recognised by ANECA since 2003 with a quality certificate. SBD offers a wide range of services.
- User Training.
- Laptops and USB sticks loans.
- Book loans.
- Obtention documents (SOD in Catalan).
- Bibliographic information.
- Informative leaflets.
- Refworks (an online bibliography management tool).
- Digital library: The University of Lleida offers many different documents that can be browsed online:
- Electronic dossier: it is a set of digitalised materials which aim to complement education, teaching and research.
Library and Documentation Service (SBD): www.bib.udl.cat
- Electronic magazines browser.
- Electronic dictionaries.
- Electronic encyclopaedias.
- PhD dissertations.
- Thematic guides.
- Virtual libraries.
- Official newspapers.
- Digital documents archive.
Health Sciences Campus
The Health Sciences Campus is composed by 2 locations:
- The Hospital Santa Maria (HSM), in which are the buildings that act as a head office of the Medicine and Nursing Faculty.
- The Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova (HUAV) and the Biomedical Research Insitute of Lleida (IRB).
It includes resources formboth faculties:
- Medicine faculty:
- Medicine degree
- Human nutrition and Dietetics degree
- Biomedical Sciences degree
- Biomedical Research Master
- Nursing faculty
- Nursing degree
- Physiotheraphy degree
- Health Education Master
- Research on Health Master
Library of Health Science Jaume d'Agramunt.
Located in the Nursing Faculty building, with a surface of 725 m2 and with 182 areas for reading. Make up with 19700 books related with the medical sciences, biomedicine, biotechnology, human nutrition and nursing areas and 235 magazines. Also, the library offers the access, via its web page, to consult the UdL catalog and the collective catalog of the Catalonia Universities (CCUC). Also, the library has more than 18700 electronic payment resources and more than 16000 electronic free resources that conforms the Digital Library. Of these, more than 6500 electronic magazines and more than 60 electronic resources are related with the Health Science area. Also, we offer a Documents Obtaining Service (SOD), Internet access (24 computers), digital magazines and data bases, an audiovisual room, a photocopy service and a formation protocol for the users.
The Campus has two comfortable and illuminated rooms:
- Medicine Faculty: with a surface of 432m2, 132 sites to read, opened 24 hours per day.
- Teaching Unit of HUAV: with 90 seats, opened from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Located in the Nursing Faculty (underground room) and in the Teaching unit of the HUAV.
- 2 informatics rooms for teaching equipped with a projector. With 40 and 25 work places respectively.
- 2 user rooms of free access for the students, with 15 and 20 working places, respectively.
Clinic abilities room
Located in the Teaching Unit of HUAV. Shared with the Nursing Faculty and dedicated for the acquisition of basic clinic-surgery abilities. It has instrumental material and conventional mannequins. The Medicine Faculty has another simulation unit, specific and exclusive for the medical formation.
The faculty has a dining area managed by “Consell de l’Estudiantat” (Medicine Faculty and attached building of the HUAV), equipped with a microwave, tables, plastic cutlery and oil cruets.
School of Medicine
Located in the Medicine Faculty
-Microscope area, with 25 binocular microscopes, a video-microscope, binocular magnifying glass, fluorescence microscope and one microscope of phase contrast.
-A polyvalent laboratory for microscope sample preparation, cell culture and for carry out microbiology, genetics and molecular biology practices.
-A laboratory to carry out biochemistry, physiology and biophysics practices.
Located in the Medicine Faculty, with 6 hexagonal tables for study, 4 negatoscopes and a projection system for the computer.
Located in the Medicine Faculty with 3 different areas:
-Entering area, with sinks
-Teaching area, with 5 dissection tables, one for microdissection, 3 negatoscopes and a projection system for the computer.
-Technical area, with the fridge and all the necessary devices to prepare and store the corpses and the dissections.
Specific clinical simulation docent area
Located in the Teaching Unit of HUAV and comprises 6 rooms, 2 of which are designated for the high gamma simulators (type SIMAN® i AKM8481-S®) and the rest, pretend the examination and the operating room (OR).
Located in the attached building of the Teaching Unit of HUAV.